Richard H. Kizell, CLU, RFP, CFP®, BASenior Financial Advisor
Areas of Specialization:
- Personal Financial Planning
- Business Insurance
- Pension Consulting, Implementation
- Asset Management
- RRIF, Annuity, RESP and RRSP
- Financial Consulting
- Severance Planning and Investments
- Estate Planning
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Bequest
Richard Kizell is a graduate of Queen’s University. Richard spent many years, managing several successful family businesses and their holdings. Mr. Kizell purchased a Money Concepts franchise in 1986 and then formed a partnership with Ms. Lise Allin to open six offices in the South Eastern Ontario region. He has successfully achieved the Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter, and Registered Financial Planner designations. His office is now Investment Planning Counsel Downtown Kingston.
Richard has thirty five years of experience in the financial planning industry. He successfully manages over $100 million in client’s assets.
He has been married to his wife Cheryl for over 37 years, they have two daughters and three grandchildren.
Involvement in the Kingston Community:
Richard has played a leading role in the Kingston community and previously co-chaired the City of Kingston's committee for a new performing arts centre, multi use facility and convention centre. Richard continues to serve on the Trust Fund Committee of the Beth Israel Congregation and the Chair of the United Israel Appeal Campaign for Kingston. In addition to this, Richard is the Treasurer for the B’nai Brith Lodge 1191-Kingston, and has acted as the Chair of the annual B’nai Brith-Kingston Fundraising evening, a black tie evening for 300+ guests.
Awards and Accomplishments:
2014 - Volunteer Service Award
- Volunteer Service Award for Richard from the University Hospitals Kingston
2013 – Ian Wilson Award for Volunteerism
- Since 1987, he has supported Kingston’s hospitals through his own significant personal philanthropy
- He has given his time through service on the foundation boards of Kingston’s hospitals for 12 consecutive years
- Serving on the campaign cabinet for the Queen’s Faculty of Health Sciences
- Long-standing leader and current treasurer of the B’Nai Brith Lodge 1191 Kingston
- Instrumental in fundraising for the Beth Israel congregational pledge to the UHKF Together We Can campaign
2010 – Associate of the Year Award – Independent Planning Group - awarded based on the following criteria:
- To an individual who has conducted themselves in the most professional and ethical manner and has provided the highest levels of service to their clients.
- To an individual who has dedicated themselves to the highest levels of continued education and self-improvement.
- To an individual who has operated their business practice in the most compliant fashion.
- To an individual who is always willing to make sacrifices and offer their help whenever it may be needed.
- To an individual who has a positive mental attitude and takes the team approach with everyone they work with realizing that the power of their business is a result of the combined power and effort of the people around them.
2002 – Contribution to the Community – A National Award from the Canadian Association of Financial Planners
2001 – Business Person of the Year – Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce
2000 – The Len Dover Award
The Downtown Kingston Business Improvement Association at the discretion of the Board awards the Len Dover Award named in his honour to an individual who has demonstrated tact, leadership, diplomacy, dignity and sincerity in his or her ongoing efforts and commitment to downtown business and the Greater Kingston community. Richard Kizell was the first recipient of the Len Dover Award, honoured in November 2000.
1999 – Grant D. Sylvester Memorial Award Recognized as an outstanding financial planner who is committed to continuing their education and is held in high regard by their peers.
Insurance products offered through Richard H Kizell Insurance Agency Ltd.